- Accuweather has a running live blog as events develop about Sandy..
- Henry Margusity has a great blog and you can also find up to date information from him on Twitter
- Here are all of the latest maps and coordinates of Sandy
- The Weather Channel has great coverage of the storm
- And finally here is a goodnews feed andphoto wire feed
All of those links are worthy to look at now and as the storm continues.
Here at Coal Speaker base, it appears as though Sandy is going to be making a direct run for my neck of the woods. As she does she is going to be bringing hell and high water to numerous mid-Atlantic states.
I worry about the storm surge in New York City, along with the underground subway system. I really do. They are prepping for disaster, but I don’t know if they are ready for catastrophe (which we all hope to hell does not occur)..
The wind will be a major issue. I doubt my power will stay on, though I hope it fends for its electrical life as Sandy hovers over.. Also a fear: The rain. Last year Lee and Irene dumped enough to flood out so many places here in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware.. Remember though 8 to 12 inches of rain fell over a week. This time the rain will be just as heavy and fall within 3 to 4 days. That will make situations much faster and dramatic. Flash flooding instead of a slowly creeping water line.. All this while power is out..? This is going to be a truly devastating storm for so many people..
If only divine intervention could toss it out to see.. Or Governor Chris Christie’s mighty blow from his 500 pound bag of wind. Neither appears likely at this point.